Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I've Been Thinking...

Everybody in my life gets a gift from me at one time or another.  As you might imagine, many of these gifts are knitted by me.  And designed by me.

I knit gifts all year, not just at the holidays.  Birthdays, graduations, weddings, retirements, people fall ill, baby showers - these thing just keep happening long after December.  It makes me think that perhaps I should share my gift knit patterns, maybe as a club.  This would make the patterns exclusive to club members. They would be emailed as PDF files or snail mailed, if you prefer.  The patterns would include spa-style washcloths, mittens, socks, baby blankets, hats for kids and adults, scarves, shawls, toys, etc.  Right now I'm thinking one per month.  I'd start in January. 

What do you think?  Let me know.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I think this would be cool! I apparently have as much a pattern fetish as I have yarn fetish!

I have never done mittens or gloves, living in Florida we don't often need them, but I guess every girl does at least need a pattern should the need arrise!

Put me on the list!

f1bercat said...

I am interested, also. I would love to be able to make some of these things as gifts.

Nancy said...

A gift pattern club definitely sounds good to me. I spend a lot of time looking for good, reliable patterns to make as gifts. I'd love to know that I'd have one new idea a month coming. I love to knit and always have at least 3 projects going, almost all of them fun and colorful gifts, nothing really big and time-consuming. Great idea!